We respects the privacy of all users of this site and always conscious to it that all personal data are treated confidentially. When you visit our site, various data will be collected in order to offer you an optimum service befitting your status as our cherished customer. General position on implementation or compliance with HIPAA and other privacy laws.
- Protect and enhance consumer’s rights of access to information.
- Improve healthcare quality by restoring trust in the system.
- Improve efficiency of delivery with national framework.
- com will not use or disclose an individual’s protected health information (PHI) except as otherwise permitted and/or required by HIPAA.
- All our clients will receive and acknowledge the HIPAA Privacy Notice. It is also available for the asking by mail or email, and posted in a clear and prominent place in the STD test offices.
- Privacy Notice will describe how medical information about Patients or Clients may be used and disclosed and how they may access said information.
- com will make reasonable efforts to limit disclosure of Protected Health Information as much as possible.
- Continuing compliance with HIPAA will be achieved through ongoing assessment, oversight and informational training, as coordinated through the privacy officer.
- com shall address all complaints received from patients, clients, employees or third parties in an expeditious and meaningful manner.
- com respects the rights of individuals, including employees, to make complaints, ask questions or inquire as to STD Test’s compliance with HIPAA and other privacy laws.
- No adverse action or retaliation shall be taken against any such individual or employee based on any legitimate complaint, question, or inquiry.
- STD test does not intend to provide specific medical advice, but we may provide Web site visitors with information to better understand your health and risk factors for specific diseases. In order to provide you with STD panel testing, questions about age, gender, and sexual orientation help to provide appropriate suggestions for your care. You should always consult with your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns about your health and these tests and vaccinations.
- To the extent practicable, STD test will mitigate the harmful effects of any known use or disclosure, by itself or its business associates that is in violation of the privacy rule and/or STD test policies and procedures.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, date of birth, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
To quickly process your transactions.
To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and “members-only” content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include stdtestchicago.com. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the “My Account” section or clicking the Unsubscribe link include with each email. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the “My Account” section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping. If you have trouble with that, please contact us and we will do it for you.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
The people appearing in the photographs on this Web site are models and used for illustrative purposes only.